Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vintage-like Buoys

I originally started this blog to push myself to decorate my upstairs bonus room.  If you have read any past posts, you have probably noticed that I've been side tracked.  There are so many of you that inspire me to try different things that I seem to try to put more pots on the stove than there are burners.  Today, I was determined to complete some sort of project for upstairs.  I have been wanting some buoys like in Pottery Barn but felt unmoved to pay for them.  This summer I stumbled upon a blog, Under the Table and Dreaming.  Stephanie had a tutorial on how to make Pottery Barn inspired wooden buoys.  So, I bookmarked it.  My mom had a partial piece of 4" x 4" post used for my loft bed from about 15 years ago.  She had it outside so it had a great weathered look.  Hubby cut it in half and followed Stephanie's measurements to cut the tops.


I knew I wanted a vintage vibe.  So, I got out my chip brush, painter's tape, and acrylic craft paint and went to town.  I dry brushed on the paint to get the aged look for the paint.  I was too lazy to think about painting on numbers.  I like them just the way the are!



I plan on sharing this over at:

Visit thecsiproject.com



BCD

giveaways

9 comments:

  1. I REALLY like this! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hosting a giveaway over at Sassy Sites. Come on by and join in on the fun! We would love to have you!

    -Marni
    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, had a list when I started and every day takes down a different path. Enjoyed my visit...will be back.
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage vibe:) And you could totally pull off the photo display I put together. Easy peasy...

    Happy weekend,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! i'm trying to talk my MIL into doing this, and to tie them from the basement pole. stupid support pole in their "sea" inspired basement.

    stopping over from somewhat simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I was just checking those buoys out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just posted about Stephanie's tutorial... your buoys look awesome -I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog