Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's free! It's free!

I can't tell you how tickled I am to have gotten this for free!

Yes, you heard it right.  This beauty was at the end of my neighbor's driveway waiting for the trash man to get it in the morning.  I am guilty of not speaking a lot to my neighbors.  We all do the polite wave and smile but I don't really know them.  When I saw my neighbor putting this at the end of his drive, I thought could this really be?!  Could I be one of those people that can get a deal of the century.  You know, every time I go to a yard sale, thrift store, or flea market, I have dreamed about finding a gem for an unbelievable price that I only seem to read about in the magazines.  Well, today I feel like that dream came true. 

I first went to my neighbor's door to ask and make sure they really were getting rid of it.  Unfortunately, they did not answer.  So, I continued to their next door neighbors, which is a lovely couple from my church.  They said I should just take it.  Well, while we were talking a car came to a halt and woman jumped out and starting loading the drawers in her car.  My heart sank!  I mean, I was 2 minutes too late.  Well, apparently after she couldn't get it into her trunk, she must have made a call for help.  Within a minute, a man came.  Luckily, he must have talked her out of it because they left it!  I didn't hesitate to grab it take it to my house.  I haven't figured out if I'll paint it or refinish the top for my son's room.  I think the missing drawer will make a nice cubby hole for books.

So, I learned to never hesitate when it comes to free stuff and never ask a man for help if he may talk you out of it.

I'm so excited about this find that I am sharing it at:
Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to see it when you have it all finished :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! I would have had to yell to the woman "desk is mine" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh.. This will be fun to watch... great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah! that's so funny, I would have yelled to.

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog