Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

I last posted about my fabulous garage sales finds which gave me some motivation.  Of course, I have only done one thing with a mirror frame but wanted to share it in order to keep my momentum going. 

Here is the only picture of the before:

I picked up a mirror from the Habitat for Humanity Restore for about $5.  I would have taken pictures of my husband cutting the glass but due to the fear of having whatever was handy being thrown at me, I decided to stay away.  You can see from the frame it has beautiful curves.  With these curves and trying to cut 1/4" piece of mirror, let's just say my hubby wasn't excited about being around me.  

While he worked on that, I spray painted the frame a gloss white.  Once the cutting was done, I slipped it into the frame.  Voila, 

                                 
 
I already had the two dollar tree mirrors there but replaced the old mirror with this new curvy gal. 


Now, I just sit back in my french chaise (which is a whole other post in and of itself) and pretend I am a rich woman living in France with not a care in the world (until my kids come in and put me in touch with reality again).

I'm linking up with:







4 comments:

  1. I sure hope your husband was amply rewarded for cutting the mirror because it is gorgeous! Love the white against the blue.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! It's hard to believe it's the same mirror. It looks fabulous set against the blue/green color. I'd feel like a rich woman sitting on that chaise too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!! I love the shape of the mirror and the detail in it! I linked up a mirror revamp too, I would love for you to swing by and see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! That whole area is so COOL! I love what you did. How exciting for you to have such a french chic space to call your own. Just lovin it. Great job on the mirror and pulling the space together so well.

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog