Thursday, April 14, 2011

Coffe table turned bench

Okay, first let me thank you for letting me have a little vent episode.  Before I share my coffee table turned bench, I'll share my find.  My last post was about my dream chairs.  Well, I found a compromise today at the Salvation Army.  They are not exactly what I want but for $10 each they will do until I find my dream chairs again.  Anyway, the first picture below is my dream chairs dashed away by a higher bidder.  They are the green velvet french chairs.  The second picture is the chairs I brought home today.




Now that I see the pictures like this, I admit they don't look alike but gave me a french feel.  I figure a little paint and some new fabric will make these chairs last until my dream chairs show up again at a price I can afford.  What do you think?  Am I nuts?

Enough about the chairs.  On to my project.  I lugged this heavy baby out of the Salvation Army too.  Not so pretty up close but I had plans.


I slapped on some paint and whipped up a cushion to turn it into this lovely bench.



Okay, I made it sound like whipping up the cushion was a breeze but not so much.  Just a little friendly advice, always stop sewing when you are getting tired.  Once the cushion was done, I couldn't resist making these cute little bunny pillows for Easter.


I would love to know what you think about the chairs and the bench.  I'm sharing over at:


Transformation Thursday







 

12 comments:

  1. That is SUPER cute, Julie! Why can I not find auctions like that?! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Where I live you can't get second hand chairs like that under $200!! You lucky girl.
    I love your bench too. It looks so crisp and clean and fresh. Lovely place to sit with the sun coming in. I just finished a coffee table turned bed end myself. Feel free to hop over and have a look.
    Megs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Salvation Army won't price chairs like that for $10 either! I'd be lucky if they were priced $60 each. So you got a great deal and the chairs are wonderful. Good luck with them! And great job on the coffee table bench!

    I'm your newest follower! If you have time, please stop by my blog. Hope you follow me too!

    Emily
    http://lovelybeasts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great! I love your bunny pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those chairs are just as pretty, and the price is even better. Love the bench, and the pillow is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bench!! I have been looking for a sturdy coffee table to turn to a bench for a few weeks now. I know if I am patiennt I will find one. I am looking to use it to decorate my entry way......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore this project! I am hosting a Springtime Craft and Project linky party today and I would love it if you would particpate.

    There is a giveaway involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Gawd this is FABULOUS! I want one of these under the window in my bedroom. I hope you will share this at my VIP party today... http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the coffee table turned bench. I want a bench at the foot of my king size bed, and have been considering my coffee table. I think yours looks really pretty. good job on the pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you crazy?! Those chairs you got for $10 each are ADORABLE! Enjoy them! Your bench turned out beautifully and I love the adorable bunny pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chairs were a steal!! I like the ones you got just as much as your inspiration chairs. What a score! And your coffee table/bench is adorable too. Vanna

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog