Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time keeps ticking away

I just don't know how some of the blog gals do it.  How do they find the time to work on projects and post about them daily.  Oh yeah, and have time for family, work, etc, etc.  Well, it is obvious that I am not one of those talented, dedicated bloggers (yet). 

Of late, I have been feeling a little stressed.  Now that I have a booth, I have to fill it.  For the past 6 1/2 years, my only concern have been my kids and hubby.  So, I have been adjusting.  I'm trying to figure out how to balance searching for treasures and working to turn something into a treasure with caring for my family.  So this must be what it feels like to be a working mom.

Speaking of turning something into a treasure.  I found this little table at the Salvation Army.  Originally, it was all black.  Someone had painted over 3 strips of shelving paper.  So, this is what it looked like after I stripped off the paper and paint. 


Not too pretty, uh?  I spray painted it Heirloom white.  Cut out the roman numerals and words on contact paper with my Cricut for the stencil.  After I painted on the numerals, I added a little glaze which picked up all the great imperfections with the table.  Here is the close up.


This now has a spot in my booth.  Hopefully someone will snatch it up because she can't live without it!


I'm sharing at:

Craft Link parties

  

Domestically Speaking

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. It is hard to find a balance. I have a booth too. Usually one thing suffers...either my booth or the blog. I try to always make time for my family. They are my heart!

    This table turned out amazing! The stain made it look like a real vintage clock! Great idea! I'm sure it will fly out of the store.

    Have a wonderful Easter!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the table. The clock face is a great idea. Is it a full size like patio table or a small table? I know what you mean about how do all these bloggers do everything and they do it so well. I get stressed...I work from home and it is flexible but what I don't have is the extra space for projects so it gets spread out all over the house and that stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog