Monday, August 16, 2010

Pitch a tent

I have carried around this page from ReadyMade magazine all summer. 

One day last week, the kids and I decided we should make it.  We went to the local home store and bought the cheapest supplies possible.  Once at home, the kids and I ran out of steam.  Considering it had been in the 90's all last week, we decided that maybe making ice cream sundaes would be better.

As I considered the directions, I thought I would consult my husband when he got home from work.  Of course, he felt he needed to make alterations to the given set of directions in order to collapse it down when not in use.  After an hour, he kindly had cut wood and put the tent frame together.  All I did was dig up a tablecloth that I hadn't used in a couple of years and Velcro it onto the frame.  Now the kids have a tent that won't collapse off the back of the couch and cause a dramatic scene.




I'm planning on sharing this at :













Show and Tell Green



Note:  I will be editing only to add links to blogs I'm sharing this post.

8 comments:

  1. I am after you on Between Naps on the Porch so we are supposed to visit those before and after us. I love your tent idea. My kids would have loved this when they were small. There is something magical to a child about a small place that is their own and a little bit away from the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, what a great idea- I think I'll have to get my hubby onto make one for us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable idea!! So creative! Be sure to link up to my Fabulous Friday Finds party @ Frou Frou Decor! Have a great day!
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is so cute. I love the photo of your kids in it. It's nice your husband got involved, too. Thank you for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! My kids would love something like this. It looks great. I like the fact you can fold it up also! Thanks for sharing. I will be linking to your great project.
    Brooke
    thecraftcave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable. i would love to try it. the sheet you used, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Cute tablecloth too by the way!
    Jennifer S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. I was wondering if you'd either link to the directions on ready made or list your "how to" so that I can make this too? I love this idea (found via pinterest). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog