Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th and a project!

Happy 4th of July!



I'm sorry I've been a bad blogger this summer.  I find it hard to dive into projects with both kids demanding attention either to play with or to referee.  Needless to say, it appears that I'm not one of those blogger moms that can do it all.  I wish I could figure it out but it eludes me.

I've had this project done for a while but only got around to taking pictures of the completed piece recently.  I have some great friends.  One in particular kept me in mind before she let her dad throw an old sewing table away.  I felt honored she thought I could make this look cute (thanks Stephanie).  I believe within a half hour of her call, I was in the car ready to get my free item. 


You can see that there are some condition issues.  So, I stripped it before I painted to get a smooth finish.  I don't think you can tell from the picture but I did some light distressing. 


I'm not sure that this piece would be used as a sewing table but it sure does make a cute little side table.  I think it would look great in a beach themed room with it's soothing color.

I'm sharing over at:
Keeping It Simple Boogieboard Cottage 


5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I've scoured everywhere for nightstands for myself and one of my daughters and this is one of my favorites.

    Is it more of a Robin's Egg blue or a turquoise? I agree about a beachy theme. It would be fantastic in a beachy room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning transformation! Love the colour! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very delightful little table for any room of the house. Soothing is a great way to discribe the color, even tranquil came to mind when I saw it. I just did our china cabinet a very similar color over the weekend and we love it. Should be posted later today if you are interested in taking a peek. Keep up the great work between refereeing.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the hardware! You certainly did make it look terrific. I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Great before & after!
    Wendy
    www.designedtodwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog