You may have noticed that I put new batting down on the front of the chair. Once I saw the previous batting in the light of day, it looked a little dirty. You know from yesterday's post that it was a bear to get the bottom front stapled without wrinkles. After I got that under control, I stapled down the seat cushion then the back of the chair. Here is all of that hard work:
Now for the lipstick! I tried to go the easy route and buy some sort of braiding but had no luck matching colors. I got busy making double cording to cover those unsightly tacks. My supplies were cording, 2" strips of the fabric and a double cording foot.
I was pretty intimidated about making the double cording but there is a great tutorial at Design Intervention here. This is a shot of my success!
Now, I just need to heat up the glue gun and get this chair done!
Just a reminder of the before:
Okay, drum roll please!!!!!
I can't tell you how happy I am to complete one chair. I'm linking up to the following blogs to show this baby off: