Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Christmas tree

As one Christmas song states, "it's the most wonderful time of the year."  I love Christmas time.  I don't particularly love dragging out the tree and decking out our halls.  You see, I had a brilliant idea about 8 years ago that involved purchasing a 9' beautiful Christmas tree.  I felt with our tall ceilings that we just had to get a huge one.  They never stated on the box just how much of a hassle putting up such a large tree would be each year.

Well, this year I tried to convince my 6 year old that "wouldn't it be nice to get a smaller tree with the lights already on it?!"  I crossed my fingers hoping I could get my son on board but his response was "Mom, we have to put up our big tree to celebrate Jesus birthday!"  What was I to say?  So, it's up waiting for the birthday celebrations.  I wanted to share it with you.


Because of how our ceilings slant and the living room and dining room being open to one another, we plop it right between the living and dining room.  It does interfere with our usual circle we chase the kids in but it's the only place that seems to accommodate it just right.  As you can see in the next picture, we have quite an assortment of ornaments.  It takes a lot to fill this tree!  We even have some that my husband and I made way, way back in elementary school.


Here are a couple of my favorite because they were made by the sweetest, most cutest hands of all.


I plan on linking up to show some Christmas love at:


3 comments:

  1. That is ONE b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l tree! Love all the special ornaments, you can't put a price tag on those that is for sure! You are on your way to a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a tree!! A gorgeous one at that....i agree with your son...you need the BIG one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a pretty tree! It looks so nice with all those white lights. I know what you mean about the set up, I have a 12-foot one for my cabin...what a nightmare ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog