Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Mantel

Before I share my merry mantel, I have a little story about a six year old's brutal honest.  We were at the dinner table yesterday when my six year old son commented that I have a stomach just like Santa's.  It kind of came from no where.  When I tried to explain to him about being more delicate with what he says, he then, adamantly, states "well mom your belly is just chubby."  I guess I know what my New Year's resolution is going to be.  My son did stop there.  When we were practicing a Christmas song for his program, he told me in the middle of singing that his teacher has a much better singing voice.  As I said "that's nice,"  he proceeds to say "no, really mom, it's a lot better than yours."  Kids!  You gotta love them.

Hope that gave you a good laugh.  Anyways, on to my merry mantel.  This year I kept it pretty simple.  Just some garland, stockings, 2 candles and one sign. 


Here is a closer look:


I got this sled at the auction for about 7 bucks.  The ice skates were $1 find at the Salvation Army.


The best part about the mantel, today at least, is our little Elf on the Shelve, Jango.  I don't know why I didn't get this sooner.  My 3 year old keeps telling the elf "sorry, please don't tell Santa."  How I'm going to miss this little guy when Christmas is done.



may edit to link to parties

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog