Monday, December 13, 2010

Ballard Holiday pillows

It is that time of year to give my children's teachers a little something at Christmas time.  Each year, I try to make something.  For the past 2 years, I have written poems for my son's teachers.  This year, I seem to be out of creative juices in that area. 

I spied these cute holiday pillows at Ballard Designs.


I thought these would be too cute not to try to make.  I dragged out my left over drop cloth fabric, my wonder under transfer webbing, a fabric marker, 2 Christmas bandannas from Hobby Lobby that were 50% off, and my trusty sewing machine and got to work.  I can't say that I particularly enjoyed sewing down the appliques.  Any hints on how to keep it consistent around circles would be appreciated. 



Two down, only five more to go!  I sure hope the teachers enjoy there gifts.


I'm sharing this over at:
Between Naps on the Porch
Todays Creatvie Blog
may edit to add links to parties
Show and Tell Green Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden Get your craft on Thurs.
HookingupwithHoH

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I think your looks better! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the chic in front of me said I like yours way better! I really love the red ornaments, super cute great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really clever. I am sure the teachers will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! I may copy them.
    When I did applique years ago, I would put a piece of paper underneath the bottom layer & then zig zag all the way around. It makes it stiff & rips away after. (just copy paper or something similar )
    (+ your wonder under, between the fabrics : )
    They look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! Love them!

    www.laforcebewithyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure the teachers will just love those pillows!! They are really darling:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog