Friday, March 2, 2012

Coffee Table

Life has been busy.  I've got much to tell you, but that will be for another post.  Today, I am going to share my coffee table makeover.  Since the one I had upstarts was about 40 years old and the kids were making even more unstable, I replaced it with an auction find.  This new to me coffee table started off as a dining table.  It had been cut down for a perfect coffee table. 



It was definitely a candidate for paint.  It had so many scratches on top.  I had to find a non-yellowing poly since I knew that I was going to paint it white.  After many coats of primer, paint, and poly, I have a new coffee table.



It fits so well in the space.  Don't you think?!



I'm sharing over at:

Feathered Nest Friday        Furniture Feature Fridays 

6 comments:

  1. what a great idea to cut a dining table into a coffee table. lovely painting . it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I have a coffee table that I want to paint. You inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great table, Julie! Love it white and it fits in that room perfectly. I just saw a nice round one at my local antique and flea mart for $40.00. I was so wishing I needed a coffee table or at least had room to store it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going with a round coffee table is so much better than a rectangle, it really fits the space so nicely. Loving the white, it really looks great with the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the height, size, and shape are a perfect fit for the space!
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That table is absolutely gorgeous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog