Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Transformations

I have always wanted to link to all of the blog parties I am checking out constantly. So, I thought why not give it a try. I'm linking up with


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special and

The following is a Goodwill item I transformed from a Goodwill shop and hop I attended this spring. Since I have two little children that used my coffee table as a chair and a platform to jump from, I have always wanted to have an upholstered ottoman. So, as I browsed Goodwill I ran across a sturdy coffee table. I thought this would be perfect for what I had in mind.
Here is the before:


I aready had all of the materials: walnut stain, free foam from mom, batting, many staples, and leftover white canvas fabric from another project. After about an hour, my ottoman was created.
Now, we put our feet up and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! It's amazing to me how something so unattractive can become beautiful with just a little work! Great job!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing transformation! It looks completely different. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I would never have guessed it was a coffee table under there.

    I am also new to blogging and still getting my feet wet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a great job! This looks fantastic! Nice setting also.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ottoman turned out great! It has nice chunky legs which I love. The little slip cover looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this!!!! Are those the original legs on the table?? I need to find different legs for mine.
    I did not make the curtain in my master bath but I plan on figuring out how it's done :)) I know a few women that would be interested in either buying them or learning how to make them!
    Again, great job on the ottoman!! It is beautiful!!! :))
    Have a wonderful evening :))
    ~ Michella ~
    ~ ~ xoxo ~ ~
    http://michellamarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog