Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Calgon take me away!

I am exhausted from the 4th of July weekend and a trip to a flea market in northern Indiana.  I had big plans of having hubby build our son a trundle daybed but I guess he wasn't quite happy with how I planned his holiday weekend out.  Because I've had my heart set on going to the Shipshewana Flea Market with my mom, I couldn't rock the boat.

We had a productive weekend.  I made another slipcover out of some pretty cheap fabric, made some pillows, and cleaned out the garage.  On Monday, my mother and I took off to spend the night before venturing out to the flea market.  Shipshewana, IN is an Amish community.  It was so pleasant and beautiful.  We arrived Monday evening, checked in, and went directly to the suggested best Amish restaurant.  It was soooo delicious. 

We woke up bright and early to spend the day flea marketing in 90 degree weather.  We had a good time.  I really enjoyed spending quality time with my mom.  The flea market was okay.  I thought it would of had a lot more antique/thrift type booths.  Unfortunately, it was a lot of booths with purses, $1 boxes, tools, etc.  I did manage to find 3 tin signs for my sons superheros room.  Here they are:




I can't wait to show his room once I've got it done. 

I hope to post on some small projects I did over the weekend sometime soon.  For now, I just want to catch up on some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I came over from Pink & Polka Dot to see your slipcovers. They are beautiful! Wanting to do my first one and a little scared. :) What type material did you use? Did you just cut the fabric and pin it like Pink & Polka Dot?

    I also have to ask what color paint is in the room with the slipcovered sofa? I love it!

    Also, I LOL at your "helpers", especially the ones with the pins. :) I have a 5 year old "helper" too! Eeek.

    Love these superhero signs. I'll be back to check out the room. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog