Friday, July 10, 2015

Irish Linen Press

Hello all!

While heading to my mother's home one day, I saw a garage sale sign.  It is a good thing my mother wasn't with me because I took the car on two wheels to make the turn!  She is always concerned with my driving when on the hunt for garage sales.  I see her hit her invisible brakes many times.  I am sure I am not alone when I say I brake for garage sales!

Anyways, I stumbled upon the most beautiful linen press of all time.  The previous owner got it overseas when her husband was stationed in Germany.  It is truly one of the most authentic antique pieces I have found to date.  I had to snatch it up at the price she was asking.  I mean this piece stands the test of time.  You know worm holes, small fixes not just cast aside.  Can you believe it sat in my mother's garage for almost an entire year!  Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit anywhere in my house currently.  I just had a hard time parting with this.  With much sadness, I had to place it in the shop to sell.


 
I think it is a steal at the price I have it at.  So far, no bites.  Maybe subconsciously I have it priced higher and perhaps I will have to find a spot for it in my house.  Hubby would just love that!!!

Sharing at:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage blog

   Furniture Feature Friday


5 comments:

  1. Julie, that linen press is fantastic!!! I would have a hard time parting with it too:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, that linen press is fantastic!!! I would have a hard time parting with it too:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is truly lovely. I can't believe you found it at a garage sale! Treasures truly do lurk there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece, Julie! Your story made me laugh because a few weeks ago I was driving with my mom when I see the most wonderfully vintage wooden pram in a pile of junk on the street. I had to brake the car to give it a new home. Now I have this wonderful piece (I'll post about it soon) but my mother has a rather dim view of my driving, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to say that I stumbled upon your blog and really like your work! It's a shame you stopped posting! If you ever start again I'd love it if you linked up to my Making Broken Beautiful party, you do lovely work! Have a great week!
    Smiles!
    Terry
    http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog