Monday, April 13, 2015

From Shabby to Chic

Have you ever found a piece and thought, "I bet I could really transform this piece."  Well, that is what I thought about this little cabinet.  It was thrown into the bin at the Goodwill Outlet.  It literally weighed almost nothing!  So, it was super cheap since at the outlet you pay per pound.



Apples and green just aren't my style.  This piece needed a little shabby chic transformation.  Of course, chalk paint was called for since the surface was pretty slick.  I first used Provence which proved to be a little too bright.  I decided to tone it down with a little Martha Stewart Milk Pail.

The apple cut out had to go on the door.  Out came my handy dandy Dremel.  Now for a little Rachel Ashwell touch.  I salvaged some material off a bed skirt I had stowed away for just such an occasion.  I attached the fabric to the inside of the cabinet door with hot glue and trimmed it out with a little bit of ribbon.  I think it really makes the cabinet!  So feminine and delicate!





Sharing at:

   Met Monday



3 comments:

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog