Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Rainbow princess

I don't know about you, but I find throwing a kid's birthday party to be a tad stressful.  It seems the times of having just a cake and ice cream are outdated.  Really, how did our mothers do it without pinterest!  It is crazy just how the times have changed since I was young.  Oh, the pressure to produce a wonderful memory.  Okay, perhaps I am putting the pressure on myself.

My now 8 year old daughter wanted a party.  After my son stated that she couldn't because he didn't get one when he turned 8, I caved.  Am I a bad mom?  

For those of you with a fickle child, you know how much hair one can pull out as your 'precious' child changes her mind every five minutes.  The bad thing is that my daughter knows how to hop on pinterest to look for 'party ideas.'  What a can of worms!

After going through a million ideas, our theme finalized to princess with rainbow colors.  During my daughter's research, she found quite a few pricey dresses.  After much discussion, we compromised.  I was to make a no-sew rainbow tutu with some sort of matching shirt.  Of course, all the girls needed a tutu.  Oh yes, crowns too.  

Are you ready to see some of the decorations?


Gotta say, the ceiling idea looked so good on pinterest.  In reality, it was a pain in my rear but I think I pulled it off.


I don't know if you remember the lemonade stand I made or not.  This was a perfect occasion to drag it out of the garage.


I think I was up to my elbows in tulle the whole time I was making the tutus.  I decided to use them as a pop of color while we glamified the girls with makeup, glitter, fingernail polish, and crowns.


I had made lace crowns for the girls.  



After the girls got their beauty treatments, we played pin the horn on the unicorn.  I taped two pieces of cardboard together, sketched and painted the unicorn.


We played a couple of games but the big hit was karaoke.  I loved watching them.  It was a riot!  Unfortunately, I was enjoying the entertainment so much, I forgot to take pictures.

All the stress and work was for my rainbow princess!



Thanks for letting me share!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Julie, everything for this sweet party was perfect. The crowns and tutus are really charming.

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog