Monday, December 12, 2011

Almost there

I know I have been a bad blogger of late.  If you have still stuck around, I'll share some more work done on my chairs.  Last you saw, they looked like this:



I got my trusty 50 cent flea market electric knife for cutting my foam and a new slab of foam.  I traced the old foam and cut away. 


Next, I used my pneumatic stapler, which I love by the way, and stapled in the foam.


As you can see from above, I already did the seat decking.  I used the previous fabric as a template.  You can see that the fabric below had three pieces.  I decided I should do this too.  I don't know if it is because the fabric bolt was not wide enough or because of the pattern repeat.  Needless to say, I'm not a professional like the last person to upholster this chair.  So, I better just follow his/her lead.  Oh, don't worry, I did iron the fabric before I cut out the pieces :)


That is all you get for today.  Hope you are having a great holiday season so far!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and happy to inspire:-). It's hard to find time to blog anymore...for most of us I think! Happy Holidays....Janet

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!