Monday, August 4, 2014

DIY Lemonade Stand

I have been promising my daughter that I would make her a lemonade stand for a year now.  Yeah, I know that I am not getting the mom of the year award but maybe I will get nominated for a better late than never award.  When I found out our church was having a yard sale, it gave me the incentive I needed to get my rear in gear.

I just needed to scour the internet for inspiration or better yet a full out tutorial!

Here are some inspirations:

Source:  Lil' Luna Blog
 
Source:  girl Inspired
 
I followed this tutorial from girl Inspired.  Of course I altered it a bit. 
 
I started out using some old fence from my sister.  Since that was free, I only paid for L-brackets, 2 pieces of wood, pvc pipes and connectors. 
 
 
 
I pretty much followed the instructions from girl Inspired.  The main difference is that I made basically 4 sides.  The base consists of three sides that are attached by L-brackets.  This way I can disassemble it for easy storage. 



 I used paint on hand and dry brushed it on.


As you can see from the photo below, I decided to add an awning using pvc and extra material I had on hand.  I don't like to reinvent the wheel, which means that I of course searched out a DIY tutorial.  Sorry for the pictures being grainy.  I took them with my phone.  (Forgive me.  I am not photogenic)


Did you notice that I made us matching aprons which happen to match the pennant banner I made?

 
Who wouldn't buy lemonade for this pretty girl?

 
I am so glad I finally made her lemonade stand!  I think it is pretty cool!  Love to find out what you think.  Please comment and let me know.
 
Linking up to:
Made By You Monday   Met Monday  http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/2014/08/18-diy-furniture-ideas-mmm-236-block.html
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy I saw this post--it makes me smile! I love what you did--I think Mother of the year is in order :) I would so buy lemonade from your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little one must be thrilled! I love the added awning! You two are adorable together. Who told you you were unphotogenic? Absolutely untrue!

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog