Thursday, January 19, 2012

Distressed country lovely

I ran across this little bench.  It needed a little update to make it into a distressed country lovely.  Here is the bench before I got started.  Noticed the painted on houses.  I think it felt a little 80's.  What do you think?



I had a little bit of ASCP Pure White left.  I mixed in a little Aubusson Blue and got a lovely light blue.  I rather liked it but in my never ending quest to figure out the dark waxing process, I decided this small project was a good practice.  After a little elbow grease and some distressing, I now have a cute little country fresh bench.


Here look a little closer.  No more houses! 



Doesn't it look better?  What do you think? 

I'm sharing over at:
shabby creek cottage Feathered Nest Friday 
Furniture Feature Fridays   Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest



7 comments:

  1. Very cute. Great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the look its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pretty--you did a great job! Good thing you could see the potential--even with those little houses on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transformation!..super cute!...it looks so vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet- I love it! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog