Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An angel for Christmas

I interrupt the progress on the reupholstering for a little decor makeover.  I have an big, lovely empty frame above my mantel.  I was trying to figure out what to put in other than a wreath.  I stumbled upon this angel at Goodwill. 



I like it just not the color.  Can you guess what color I painted it?  Yes, not a big surprise.  White!  It took 2 coats of Annie Sloan's Pure White.  I'm liking it.


Here is where the angel now resides for the Christmas season.  Just love how she is floating.  I used fishing line to hang it from the frame to avoid putting another hole in the wall.


Thought I would give you my nighttime view.


Sharing over at:


Photobucket shabby creek cottage

4 comments:

  1. That angel turned out beautiful! Loving the antique frame around her. (and your mantle is gorgeous too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...so very pretty...love the look! Come by and share it with us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY...hope to see ya there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks better painted white in my opinion. she looks lovely above the mantel.

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog