Friday, October 21, 2011

Do you sew??

Don't let the title fool you.  This post really isn't about sewing.  It is about a make over on a sewing table.  I spotted this cute little sewing cabinet for a red hot steal!  I grabbed it up.  I don't think a lot of people would actually use this as a sewing table.  It seems just too small for that but wouldn't it make a great side table? 


I didn't really care for the stain.  It had a little too much of a red tone.  Once at home, I knew I was finally going to give the Annie Sloan's Chateau Gray another try.  I had used it previously on a small project and didn't really care for it but decided to try it out on something larger.  Two coats, some distressing, and wax...





How did it turn out?  I used both clear and dark wax.  I think the key for me using the wax is to use a rag.  I know everyone says it wastes wax but I have gotten better results this way. 

I'm sharing over at:

Transformation Thursday   

Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest Furniture Feature Fridays  Stuff and Nonsense  Feathered Nest Friday



8 comments:

  1. The color is perfect for your sewing table :) We had one gifted to us not too long ago that we use as a side table as well....only ours (sadly) has not been transformed yet. Thanks for the inspiration my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky find I have been on the prowl for one myself.Love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how it turned out, you did a fantabulous job!!! I agree, using a rag was key for me too and works so much better! Congrats.
    Stacy sgrogan at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make overs are always trial and error. Sometimes I like my results - and other times not as much. But I think this turned out very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I like the color. The dark wax adds a wonderful dimension. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this grey on this sewing table! I am working on a cabinet and not sure I am loving the grey trend yet. However, I love how yours turned out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color...very nice!!! I can't wait to get my hands on some chalk paint!

    ♥Linsey
    Farmhouse Porch

    ReplyDelete

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog