Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to reupholster a chair, Part 2

Are you ready to continue this journey with me?  Okay, now that the girl is stripped to her undergarments, it's time to give her a thorough examine.  Because the batting looks good and I'm trying to be as lazy as possible, I gingerly checked with stuffing which looked fine.  Usually, you would want to check the springs but I did mention that I'm trying to be lazy, didn't I?  In this case, I feel pretty confident about them because the chair sits well.  As I continue the examination, I noticed a hairline fracture in the frame.  It runs with the grain so I missed it when buying the chair.  If only I caught it early maybe I could have shaved a little money off the price.  Oh well.


Here is where my "know it all" hubby comes in.  At which time, he advices on how "he" will proceed to repair the damage.  What?  Someone has to take the pictures!  Okay, maybe it is a little more than a hairline fracture.   He decided on using a screw as well as wood glue.  Sorry, no pictures of the drilling into the frame for the screw.  He made a minor oops.  We both agreed I should walk away.  We both survived.  On to the wood glue!



As you can see, it is pretty much glue, clamp, and wait.  I'm hoping to finish up by Friday, but we'll have to see what kind of deals might make me want to jump out of bed to shop at 4 in the morning.  So, as we wait for the glue to dry, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog